Saturday 4 May 2013

Friday 3 May 2013

We met up with one of Jim's colleagues who is going to the conference yesterday afternoon. (Almost forgot the conference is the real reason we are here.)

He's come with his wife so this morning she and I met up around mid-day and walked around the shops, had lunch and strolled about. The boys were off at the conference most of the day.

I'd had some time to myself in the morning and so had discovered a shopping area called the International Market Place which has lots of cheap stalls and interesting things - much less daunting than all those posh shops on the main strip. The main strip has lots of name brand shops and places without prices. (You know the type.) So, I ended up taking her to the market and she loved all that. I'd never met her before this trip but we got on well, which was lucky.  

After lunch, we walked up to the convention centre to see what the boys were doing. (About a half-hour walk) and just as we got there, they texted to say they were back at the hotel - so we turned around and walked back.

We arrived hot and sweaty at the hotel to find them seated comfortably by the pool sipping long drinks.

We took this couple to "Il Lupino" for dinner - and had another great meal.
They have women at the front desk who check your booking and take you to your table - and they seem to only employ statuesque beauties. Each time we've come, the women have been taller and more glamorous. The waiters are ordinary mortals but these women are something else!

Ate and drank to beyond an elegant sufficiency and then staggered back to hotel to fall into bed.

1 comment:

  1. Again, details please? How am I suppose to dine vicariously if you never tell me what I'm having? I had muesli with yoghurt and a (slightly overripe) banana for dinner on Friday so I was hoping to hear of something rather better.

    I'm pleased to hear the boys are getting the hang of lounging by the pool. Drinks are obligatory.

    ReplyDelete